Fats and sugars
Flours and cereals
With cereals the same thing happens, we have to opt for whole grains such as brown rice and whole grain bread, like whole wheat bread.
Fruits and vegetables
Meats and proteins
List of the best foods for diabetics
When preparing the diabetic diet, there are a series of specific foods that, if included in your diet, will regulate blood sugar levels and allow you to obtain another series of benefits:
- Citric fruits. Like oranges, limes and lemons.
- Dark leaf vegetables. Like spinach or curly and / or green cabbages.
- Berries and red berries. Fish with omega-3 fatty acids. Tuna, sardines, salmon, mackerel, cod.
- Healthy polyunsaturated fats. Nuts, avocados, olive oil, almonds.
- Sweet potato.
- On the contrary, the foods that we must avoid at all costs are :
- Foods with saturated fats and trans fats.
- Processed meats
- Baked goods. what type?
- Appetizers previously processed.
- Sugary drinks.
- Salty foods
- Fried food.
- Dairy with high levels of fat.