Can’t you stop hair breakage, despite all your efforts? Brittle hair, split ends or loss of shine can be problems you see in your hair. However, there are several remedies for hair breakage with which to strengthen it and show a healthy hair.
To repair hair breakage you need, above all, patience. No product (chemical or natural) can offer an instant result, no matter how much you affirm it. And although they can offer some improvement at the moment, only their constant use and the implementation of various care will help achieve the desired goal.
Since hair is one of the most striking attributes of people, it is important to know how to take care of it in order to look good. It’s time to rest from breaks and return to the path to strong and healthy hair!
What is hair breakage?
First of all, we have to clarify a common mistake. Many believe that hair breakage and split ends are the same. Not so: open ends means they are damaged and begin to break. Hair breakage, on the other hand, implies that there is more pronounced structural damage. It is recognized by small white dots, which indicate that the hair is partially fractured or broken. These fractures can occur not only at the tips but also throughout the hair, giving it a weak and rough image. In principle, hair breakage can affect any type and size of hair. However, long or sensitive hair is affected more often, since it is more susceptible (for example due to age) and has a greater exposed surface.
What are the causes?
What are the causes?
Hair breakage usually develops by external influences that dry the hair, reduce its elasticity and attack the surface structure. In addition to environmental factors, styling stress and inadequate care also influence. A brief summary of the causes of hair breakage are:
– Excessive or incorrect brushing, drying or combing wet hair.
– Strong pressure, for example with rubber bands or clips.
– Frequent coloring, since the cuticle opens in the process.
– Chemical treatments such as permanent.
– Heat: direct sun and dryers, irons or electric tongs.
– Friction: scarves and sweaters can make hair rough.
Some tips to stop hair breakage
Here are five common driving forces of hair breakage, with some expert advice on how to dodge them.
1. Healthy diet
An inappropriate and unhealthy diet “helps” weaken the hair and promote loss of density and breakage. So I encourage you to review your eating habits. The consumption of foods rich in vitamin A, B5, C, E, and minerals such as iron, zinc, linoleic acid and magnesium, will help you strengthen the hair fibers, prevent the fall and make you look a much denser and prettier mane.
2. Deep Conditioning
Without enough hydration, you are more likely to be prone to hair breakage. The most important thing you can do if you are trying to avoid breakage is to keep your hair sufficiently moisturized and conditioned. Doing so prolongs the time it takes for split ends to appear as your strands get stronger.
The appropriate shampoo and conditioner are able to provide the hair with rich hydration ingredients to return to its peak. A deep conditioning mask can also help give the hair a much-needed dose of hydration, with its highly concentrated and nutritious ingredients.
3. Minimum heat
Excessive heat can weaken your hair, which means that you are more likely to suffer fractures. And when you don’t use heat protection, the consequences are even worse. Try changing it by limiting the amount you use your heating tools, and dry your hair as much as possible. If you can’t resist the heat, make sure your hair is protected first.
4. Avoid frequent coloring
If you are a hair color chameleon, you will know the damage that chemical treatments can cause. However, you can get healthy and strong hair with the usual use of a color treatment of good quality, which will maintain your color and give vitality to your hair.
5. Regular cuts
Once you detect a split end, it is important to cut it as soon as possible to prevent it from getting worse. This is especially important for people with frizzy hair; in fact, this type of hair rarely grows as tight curls are much more fragile and break easily.
Regular cuts keep your strands in excellent shape – time to schedule the next appointment!
5 remedies to repair breakage hair
In order to solve the problem, certain natural elements can be used, whose properties and texture themselves are very beneficial. They can be used in masks, cream baths, and conditioners.
It is important to keep in mind that, in order to be able to clean the hair, in addition to resorting to the aforementioned elements, it will also be necessary to reduce the use of devices such as the iron, the dryer and the like, since these favor deterioration.
1. Avocado, honey and egg mask
Honey bee returns the natural shine to the hair, prevents dandruff, strengthens the scalp and moisturizes. On the other hand, egg yolk and avocado are excellent natural moisturizers.
Both contain fatty acids and proteins that help keep hair strands strong and constantly growing. It also helps repair damaged hair, reducing problems such as breakage and frizz.
Among other things, its application regulates the natural pH of the scalp and overlays the loss of oils that causes dryness. Still not trying them? Discover the recipe.
- 1 avocado
- 3 tablespoons honey (30 g).
- 1 egg yolk
- First, you must mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Make sure that the paste resulting from the mixture is homogeneous.
- Apply the mixture throughout the hair after shampooing it.
- Leave on for thirty minutes. Then, remove with plenty of cold water.
2. Olive oil and mayonnaise cream bath
Natural oils of vegetable origin are the most beneficial products when it comes to repairing damaged hair. Olive oil is a powerful moisturizer that also prevents future damage to the scalp.
Also, mayonnaise is one of the most recommended natural ingredients to improve the appearance of hair, because it restores its shine and softness.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (10 g).
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (20 g).
- 1 egg (60 g).
- Mix mayonnaise and oil in a bowl.
- Next, incorporate the egg. Stir well to integrate everything.
- Apply the mixture on clean hair and leave for twenty minutes.
- Then, remove the mixture with plenty of water.
3. Egg yolk and olive oil mask
Dry and damaged hair tends to split when trying to untangle it. The knots are insufferable and prevent a beautiful mane. But with this mask of egg yolk and olive oil, the knots will go away and in addition, you can hydrate the hair naturally.
- 1 egg (60 g).
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (30 g).
- Shell the egg and separate the whites from the yolk.
- In a bowl, mix the yolk with olive oil.
- Moisten the hair and apply the mixture.
- Leave on for at least 20 minutes.
4. Castor oil and soybean oil
Castor oil is common among home remedies for hair because it not only helps it to be easy to handle but also strengthens it, stimulates the growth of new hair and also provides shine and softness. When combined with soybean oil, these benefits are enhanced.
- 3 tablespoons castor oil (30 g).
- 1 tablespoon of soybean oil (10 g).
- Place both ingredients in a pot.
- Heat over medium heat and, once the oils begin to ‘cook’ remove them from the heat. They should not reach the boiling point.
- Let cool slightly at room temperature, and apply throughout the scalp with a gentle massage. The hair should be slightly moistened.
- Wrap your hair in a towel or hat and leave on for 15 minutes.
- Comb your hair slowly before removing with warm water.
5. Almond, honey and egg oil mask
A highly moisturizing base will help you solve problems with split ends.
If you not only have damaged hair but have split ends, you can use this natural mask often to restore health and beauty to your hair. All ingredients are highly moisturizing and also provide softness and shine.
- 3 tablespoon almond oil (30 g).
- 1 teaspoon of honey (5 g).
- 1 whole egg (60 g).
- Add all the ingredients simultaneously in a bowl with space to stir.
- Mix all the ingredients until they have a homogeneous composition.
- Then apply it on the hair and let it act for twenty minutes.
- Then, you can rinse by removing the residue with cold water.
Remember that remedies to repair hair breakage do not have an instant effect and should be used regularly. On the other hand, they must be combined with other measures, in order to recover the hair properly. Therefore, now it is your turn to do your homework at home.