When dandruff appears you start to feel very uncomfortable and it surely causes your self-esteem to be affected too. Do not be discouraged, as we are going to tell you why it arises and 11 home remedies against dandruff.
Since causes of dandruff are not known with certainty, if we want to eliminate it, we should definitely be consistent with the application of these treatments and complement them with a diet rich in zinc.
The dandruff is caused by a fungus that lives on your scalp. We have all this fungus. What happens is that, sometimes, your body’s metabolism can vary, and that causes this fungus to reproduce more than normal. Therefore, dandruff is dead cells.
What this fungus does to you is to increase the shedding speed of these dead cells, so instead of renewing the cells once a month, you do it at least twice. When you renew them once a month, during the month, with the washings and brushing you eliminate them. But if you renew them more than once, it does not give you time, so it falls alone, especially in the area of your shoulders.
Causes of dandruff
The causes of its appearance have not yet been found with certainty. It is not known if the fungus reproduces more because of the conditions of the scalp change or if it begins with the increase in shedding of cells, which causes the fungus to grow more. Dandruff can also appear due to emotional or psychological changes such as stress, allergies to certain foods, seasonal changes, and even excessive perspiration.
There is an important food cause that is zinc deficiency. We recommend that you opt for any of the following home remedies and supplement it with a diet rich in zinc. You can find it in:
- The pumpkin and its seeds
- Red meat
- The peanuts
- The oysters
- The chickpeas
- Dark chocolate
11 best Home Remedies against Dandruff
1. Lila India
It has antiseptic and antibacterial properties that help you fight dandruff and other hair problems such as acne on the scalp or hair loss.
- A handful of leaves of Indian lilac (neem).
- Water (1 liter).
- Place the leaves in the water and bring to a boil.
- Let cool and strain.
- Use it as a rinse two or three times a week.
2. Coconut Oil
It has antifungal properties that make it a good ally to fight dandruff. In addition, it moisturizes the scalp and calms the itching.
- Mix coconut oil and lemon juice.
- Massage by rubbing the scalp with the mixture, for 20 minutes.
- Wash your hair as you usually do.
- Repeat the operation two or three times a week.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
Restore the pH of your scalp. This causes the fungus to be controlled and dandruff removed. In addition, clean clogged pores and hair follicles.
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar.
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 5 to 10 drops of tea tree oil.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Massage all the scalp with the mixture.
- Rinse the hair.
- Repeat this application two or three times a week.
4. White Vinegar
It is one of the best remedies you can find to fight dandruff. It has acetic acid, which prevents the growth of fungi and bacteria in your scalp.
- A part of white vinegar.
- Three parts of water
- Mix the vinegar with the water.
- Wash your hair and scalp with this mixture.
- Rinse with plenty of water.
5. Olive Oil
It is preferable that you use extra virgin olive oil. It is a natural cream to combat dry scalp.
- Extra virgin olive oil (amount needed).
- Heat the oil a little until it is warm.
- Next, massage your scalp and wrap your head with a towel for half an hour.
- Brush your hair vigorously to remove dry dandruff.
- Wash your hair regularly.
In every house there is a lemon. It is one of the easiest effective natural remedies against dandruff.
- Message the scalp with the lemon juice, left a few minutes and removed with shampoo.
- Finally, it can be used daily until dandruff disappears.
7. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is good for almost everything and also for dandruff. Fights fungi and bacteria on the scalp.
- First, an aloe leaf is cut, the juice is applied to the scalp and left for a few minutes.
- It is then washed normally.
- Used is daily until dandruff disappears.
Very helpful against dandruff.
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 3 tablespoons thyme (30 g)
- First, a cup of water with three tablespoons of dried thyme is boiled for ten minutes.
- It is then cooled and applied to clean hair.
- Leave on for five minutes and reapply.
- Finally, let it take effect for two or three hours and wash your hair. It is one of the effective natural remedies against dandruff.
9. Honey and egg
Not only both of them are good for removing dandruff but they also help to make hair silky and shiny.
- 1 tablespoon honey (25 g)
- 1 egg
- If we mix a spoonful of honey with an egg we will have a good remedy against dandruff.
- This kind of mask is applied on the scalp, massaged for a few minutes and washed.
Give a massage on the scalp with a paste made with avocado pulp is a good remedy for dandruff. Natural avocado fat moisturizes the dry scalp and eliminates dandruff.
- 1 celery
- 2 cups of water (500 ml)
- First, the stalk and celery leaves are boiled for five minutes and cooled.
- Finally, that water is used to give the last rinse when washing the hair, as it helps eliminate dead scalp cells.
Almost all of these natural home remedies against dandruff are at your kitchen. Just have a little dedication and perseverance. It is a matter of using them until the problem disappears and eventually using them to prevent dandruff.
With these simple and cheap home remedies against dandruff you can forget about this annoying problem once and for all.